Full-Time Accounts Receivable Clerk and Bookkeeper Jobs
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
Accounts Receivable Clerk and Bookkeeper
Nairobi County, Kenya
Finance and Accounting
POSITION SUMMARY: Busara is a behavioral science research and advisory organization that conducts projects across a wide range of sectors and disciplines, including financial inclusion, health, and governance.
In four years, we have grown from four people in our Nairobi office to over 100 across the region. We are a US 501(c)3 nonprofit with our main operations in Kenya, a new office in Uganda, and active projects in Tanzania, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and Ghana.
Busara has dozens of clients across the private sector, NGO, and academic realms.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk and Bookkeeper is the primary driver of Busara’s Accounts Receivable function in Kenya, the US, and any other locations where Busara receives funds.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk and Bookkeeper is responsible for keeping up to date records of all pending and paid disbursements from clients, ensuring that clients are invoiced on time and reminded of late payments, and ensuring that all payments are received in the correct account and according to contract, without additional deductions for foreign exchange or transfer fees.
The Clerk is also responsible for additional bookkeeping duties as directed by the Senior Accountant. The ideal Clerk has accounting experience, is a proactive communicator, and has a high level of attention to detail.
- Maintain an up to date record of all accounts receivable that is continually accessible to the Senior Accountant and senior management
- Continually liaise with the US-based part time accountant to stay up to date on funds received
- Process incoming payments in compliance with Busara’s financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data
- Review all client contracts before they are sent out
- Maintain excellent records of all client contracts and amendments
- Prepare bills and invoices in line with Busara’s financial policies and guidelines
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues in a timely manner
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients, or other organisationally approved officers to follow up
- Reporting on accounts receivable status on a monthly basis (and as needed by senior management)
- Coordinate with the Senior Accountant and Global Finance and Accounting Manager on the cash projection process
- Produce weekly and monthly Accounts Receivable reports
- As requested by the Senior Accountant, perform additional Bookkeeping or filing duties to support the Finance and Accounting team
- Coordinate and respond to accounts receivable inquiries, clarifications, or requests from project teams
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent professional qualification
- Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity of accounting information
- Prior experience with client contracts preferred
- Experience making journal entries in accounting software
- Excellent written communication
- High level of attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of relevant accounting procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Positive working attitude, with a focus on results
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (with the ability to work with lookups and pivot tables)
- Competitive salary and health insurance
- Dynamic work environment with opportunity for growth
How to ApplyCLICK HERE to apply online
774 total views, 1 today