Full-Time Accountant Jobs
The company was incorporated in 2014 and since then has been operating in various fields including supplies and logistics.
We have further diversified into Premium Maize flour production and we are looking to engage a dynamic, energetic and professional Accountant.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management.
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts by customer type.
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies regarding cost analyses and profitability.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as marketing department and production.
- Preparation of bank, MPESA and cash reconciliation on weekly basis.
- Petty cash management.
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Comply with county government, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Preparation of creditors’ and debtors’ reconciliation on monthly basis.
- Pioneer of digitization project by providing user requirements and specifications.
- Manage the VAT, tax and required statutory returns, submissions and payments
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Efficient management of credit with customers and suppliers.
- Management of payroll.
- Responsible for financial reporting of key market indicators (revenue, fixed costs and cash flow).
- Inventory Control
- Minimum, a Diploma in a Business related course or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution. Degree holders will have an added advantage.
- Minimum, an Institution trained Accountant (Section 4 in CPA (K) or ACCA, or equivalent).
- Registration with a professional body such as ICPAK, ACCA will be an added advantage.
Key Experience Requirements
- At least 3 years of accounting experience in a busy FMCG environment. Previous experience in a manufacturing company will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Strong consolidation knowledge and experience
- Statutory understanding (companies act and Tax)
- Proficient in computer usage and knowledge of ERP systems
- Personal Credibility & High Integrity
- Team player who works well across functions and levels
How to ApplyApplications shall be sent to email@example.com with the subject line REF: ACCOUNTANT to reach us no later than 12th Jan 2020. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV as well as three references (Mandatory). Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process
1333 total views, 1 today