Full-Time Software Tester Jobs
- Design and manage automated test scripts that are reusable.
- Effectively use automation testing tools – Katalon Studio, Acunetix, Kiuwan, Jira, Spira, J-Meter.
- Closely analyze the bugs in the software and support the detection of bugs through a well-documented testing report.
- Work with development and validation team by keeping system testing in pace with development.
- Participate in process output quality assurance reviews of product functional specifications, design documents, test basis and project artifacts.
- Perform structured and context-driven (formal ad-hoc) integration, system, volume (performance and concurrent usage) and regression testing.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans, test cases and test reports, defect and incident reports based on the test strategy, risk analysis and existing infrastructure on multiple projects of varying size of system specifications.
- Write test plans and test cases from functional specifications and by using the products use cases.
- Use internal defect tracking and test case management system(s) to document test cases, record defects and record test case execution results.
- Perform backend database testing including; validating stored procedures, jobs and triggers.
- Document test results and evaluate results to determine defects in order to track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Gain awareness of business application and validate requirements against user expectations.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Assist subject matter experts (SMEs) with user acceptance testing.
- Set-up/configure and manage use of test environments
- Verify code review results from developers’ code review reports.
- Perform and report on project quality assurance using PPQA reports as directed
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ ICT or any other related field from a recognized higher learning institution.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Software Testing.
- Knowledge in use of Automation Testing tools such as Katalon Studio, Kiuwan, Acunetix, Jira, J-Meter or equivalent.
- Experience with using a Test management tool is an added advantage.
- Attention to detail is key as a tester.
- Team player capabilities are important.
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
How to ApplyIf you believe your experience, competencies, and qualifications match the job and role specifications described, please send your application to the address below with the subject Software Tester. Applications should contain a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of 3 referees including one from your latest employer by close of business on Friday, 27th September 2019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Apply online and address your application to: The Head of Human Resources Eclectics International Limited P.O. Box 21605 – 00505 Nairobi, Kenya Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
28 total views, 1 today