Full-Time Senior Officer-Ecosystem Research Jobs
Upon employment, the successful candidate will report to the Assistant Director in charge of Resource Assessment (GIS)/ Planning, Research & Audit and will be responsible for: –
- Develop and maintain Water Towers spatial database using ArcGIS online, PostGIS and PostgreSQL;
- Assist in generation of baseline data and information on Water Towers, critical water catchment areas and biodiversity hotspots for the development of Water Towers Status reports;
- Assess land cover and land use trends in the Water Towers using R studio and Google earth Engine as well as other Remote Sensing software;
- Map degraded areas and identify priority areas for rehabilitation in the Water Towers;
- Develop Water Towers data sharing protocols;
- Provide leadership in field data collection, processing, archiving and dissemination of information;
- Maintain an Integrated Water Towers Monitoring System (IWTMS) for managing and visualizing Water Towers information;
- Assist in assessing and monitoring rehabilitation and conservation activities in the Water Towers;
- Develop innovative technologies for assessing, monitoring and evaluating status of the Water Towers;
- Train staff and stakeholders on acquisition of Water Towers data using GPS and mobile applications;
- Contribute to the development of Water Towers Status Report and Directorate’s quarterly/annual reports;
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: – Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Environmental Planning, Environmental Economics, Environmental Science, Geo informatics, Geography, or any other relevant field.
- A Master of Science Degree and any other post-graduate qualifications in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate professional competence, leadership qualities as well as good understanding of natural resources sector including maintenance of geospatial data and its infrastructure;
- Must be comfortable working with and well versed with the following mapping software ArcGIS, QGIS and image processing software (ENVI, ERDAS, R-Studio and Google Earth Engine).
- Possess spatial database management skills.
- Demonstrate good understanding of field and secondary data collection.
The Kenya Water Towers Agency (KWTA) is a State Corporation established vide Kenya Gazette Supplement Legal Notice No. 27 of 2012 with the mandate of coordinating and overseeing the protection, rehabilitation, conservation and to sustainably manage water towers in the country.
Candidates will be required, among other qualifications, to be Kenyan citizens and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 including:
- Valid certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Valid tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Report from an approved credit reference bureau (CRB).
How to ApplyInterested and eligible candidates must download and complete the KWTA employment application form available online on www.watertowers.go.ke and submit the same by 24th September, 2019 at 5.00PM to email@example.com. Hard copies should be addressed to: The Chairman, Adhoc Board Recruitment Committee, Kenya Water Towers Agency, N.H.I.F Building, 15th Floor Ragati Road, P.O. Box 42903 – 00100, NAIROBI. Note Kenya Water Towers Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted using the address and contacts provided by the candidates in their application letters. Details of all applicants and shortlisted candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be made public. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
33 total views, 1 today