Full-Time Publications Editor Jobs
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/Communication or Social Sciences.
- They should have at least two (2) years experience in publishing/editing.
- They should also have knowledge of computer software programmes used in publishing.
- A post-graduate training in book publishing or mass communication and/or specialized courses in areas related to publishing will be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will be expected to identify and initiate new publication projects, acquire new manuscripts and process/supervise them through the entire process of publishing.
- The candidate will be required to be fully conversant with website for the purpose of editing and uploading materials.
- Specific tasks will include: setting publishing targets and standards as stipulated by the publications committee, copy editing and copy making, proof reading texts, overseeing revision of publications, liaising with authors and printers in publications of books, designing and/or advising on designs, updating and posting on website and social networks, and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ability to produce bi-annual newsletters, quarterly policy briefs, adherance to deadlines, writing and edit web-based and social network materials will be essential.
How to ApplyApplicants for academic posts (AC) should forward ten (10) copies of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications, experience, research activities and publications they appear in. All applicants for teaching positions are required to complete and submit together with their application documents, a hard copy of the CUE interactive application form available in the respective Department/ College Website. Applicants for non-academic posts (AD) should submit seven (7) of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications and experience. In both cases, applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments. In addition, applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations. They should quote post reference codes as shown for each post in the advertisement. Applications should be addressed as per the codes below:- R&T The Deputy Registrar, Recruitment & Training, P.O Box 30197-00100 Nairobi CAE The Principal, College of Architecture & Engineering, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi. CBPS The Principal, College of Biological & Physical Sciences, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi. CHS The Principal, College of Health Sciences, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi. CHSS The Principal, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi. CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2019. THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
72 total views, 1 today