Full-Time Project Administrator Jobs
Organization: Voluntary Service Overseas
Closing date: 14 Oct 2019
Project development in the host community
* Develop new/review existing project plans based on evidence generated and in Line with VSO thematic areas of focus
* Assess and identify partners with co-shared objectives and as guided by ICS and VSO standards
* Support partners to develop appropriate and relevant project descriptions and activities
Partners Capacity Building
* Identifying support and capacity gaps amongst partners including host homes.
* Capacity building partners including Volunteer Management System (VMS) Training, Host-Homes orientation, Social Inclusion etc.
Volunteer and Team Leaders Management and Support
* Provide adequate support and supervision of volunteers and TLs throughout the programme.
* Promote and encourage appropriate behaviour and ensure safety and security standards procedures are met and understood.
* Support TLs and volunteers to build effective and enabling relationships with host country counterparts and adapt effectively to a different culture and working environment.
* Prepare references for alumni and volunteers based on their performance and supporting early returns and medical cases
Facilitation and Training
* Promote learning amongst volunteers on global, cross-cultural and intercultural issues through the delivery of training and learning tools and support youth led and on-placement training throughout the programme.
* Deliver training using participatory approaches and skills to volunteers, which adequately equip them for their placements.
* Oversee Team Leaders and volunteers induction training including In Country Orientations, In Community Orientations and support to deliver youth-led training and learning activities throughout the programme
Relationship management and partnership working
* Work effectively with ICS PO and act as a representative of VSO Kenya and partners at all times.
* Support Host Homes and Placements organizations in promoting learning, cross-cultural engagement and relationship building.
* Ensure that all programme partners and stakeholders are kept regularly informed about the progress of the in-country programmes
Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting
* Capture learnings from all volunteers, stakeholders and outcomes in accordance with the overall purpose and objectives of the programme.
* Develop quality team plans, debrief reports, cumulative monitoring tools and project updates.
* Support volunteers is documenting their learning journeys and case studies.
* Reporting on any medical, safety and security incidents.
* Source and use cost effective means and measures in the community to ensure value for donor money and quality project.
* Develop monthly work plans with budget projections for the community. Manage the community budget and submit weekly reports to the country office
Promote active citizenship amongst the youth
* Provide post placement support through regular follow-ups, linkages to opportunities as well as engagement in ICS activities, advocacy and leadership elements.
* Provide Post placement support for the Return Volunteers (Action At and Home).
* Support youth in developing and refining social action project proposals.
* Support alumni in implementing social action projects
Security and safety of volunteers and primary actors and disciplinary management
* Conduct community, partners, host homes and activity risk assessments.
* Review the risk assessments on quarterly basis and share updated reports with the County People Manager.
* Medical facilities assessed and approved prior use of services. Incidences documented and reported to the country people manager as stipulated in VSO and ICS incident reporting protocol.
* Ensure volunteers sign the ICS volunteer agreement and are aware of expected code of conduct, safeguarding policy and child protection policy.
* Manage disciplinary issues and ensure they are documented, and disciplinary process followed as guided by ICS disciplinary procedures.
* Volunteers, TLs and partners grievances are managed in a professional manner and documented
Project Administration and Logistics
* Organize project logistics within the community, prepare requisitions for materials, equipment, training venues, accommodation etc. as required.
* Liaison with programme Assistant and Officer for support required outside the community. Develop service Terms or reference and contracts as needed e.g. for Consultants
* Other duties as requested by the line manager
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=am9tZWdhLjM2MjgzLjM4MzBAdnNvLmFwbGl0cmFrLm...
134 total views, 1 today