Full-Time Procurement Officer Jobs
- Assist in the development of Procurement guidelines and manuals to streamline, standardize and ensure integrity of procurement processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of procurement plans as per budget through continuous monitoring and reporting on procurement status
- Implement adherence to and compliance with requirements of the Public procurement and Disposal legislation.
- Coordinate monitoring of the procurement status and advice as appropriate;
- Coordinate inspection of supplies against specification and samples given to ensure the commission only receives and pays for goods that meet the specifications set
- Compile annual procurement plans for the commission through the consolidation of needs from user departments, to ensure all needs for user departments are captured and addressed and in line with SRC work plan
- Prepare and draft supplier correspondence
- Carry out market surveys and research to inform continuous improvement initiatives for the supply chain function
- Sensitize staff on the application of procurement manual.
- Maintain data of all records of purchased goods including costs, deliveries and inventories as per legislation.
- Record minutes during tender and procurement meetings to ensure information is captured and used to advice the procurement process in line with the commission policies and procedures, and the Public Procurement Act.
- Ensure relevant procurement processes are captured through IFMIS
- Regularly update the supplier register.
- Prepare relevant documents to facilitate payment of suppliers.
- Prepare procurement quarterly reports.
- Prepare and evaluate quotations and submit the report to the head of procurement
- Ensure use of updated list of pre-qualified suppliers or contractors to supply and provide various services and goods
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field from a recognized university or related field with Diploma in Supplies Management.
- Membership to the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) in good standing.
- Three years’ relevant experience
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify customer needs and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
How to ApplyInterested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies: Kenya Revenue Authority Directorate of Criminal Investigation Higher Education Loans Board Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Credit Reference Bureau Applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of…” and mailed OR delivered to: The Commission Secretary Salaries and Remuneration Commission Williamson House 6th Floor 4th Ngong Avenue P.O Box 43126 – 00100 And be received on or before 22nd October 2019
168 total views, 2 today