Full-Time Library Assistant Jobs
Provide assistance in planning, developing and managing KUTRRH’s library services and directing their contribution to the teaching and research programs of the Hospital. S/he will play a critical leadership role to support the academic objectives of the University.
- Maintain records of items received, stored, issued, and returned, and file catalog cards according to system used
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Facilitate the acquisition of books, pamphlets, periodicals, and audiovisual materials by checking prices, figuring costs and preparing appropriate order forms for review and sign off
- Prepare, store, and retrieve classification and catalog information, lecture notes, or other information related to stored documents.
- Review records, such as microfilm and issue cards, in order to identify titles of overdue materials and delinquent borrowers
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources, card catalogs, and automated information systems.
- Classify and catalog items according to content and purpose
- Select substitute titles when requested materials are unavailable following predefined criteria not areas of demand so as to inform purchasing decisions
- Inspect returned books for condition and due-date status, and compute any applicable fines
Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- Bachelor of Information Sciences, Library Sciences or related field
Minimum level of knowledge required for the job (evidence required):
- Knowledge of information and knowledge systems;
- Knowledge of supporting in planning, managing and delivering complex projects in an academic library;
Soft skills required for the job
- Communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Decision Making skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Relevant Work Experience Required
Minimum number years of experience the jobholder is required to have to be appointed to the position:
- At least two year’s working experience in an academic or research library setting
How to ApplyIf your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, we encourage applicants to apply online here or send hard copies of your Application Letter, CV, and Filled Application Form and address to: The Chief Executive Officer Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
344 total views, 1 today