Full-Time ICT Officer Jobs
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Closing date: 07 Dec 2019
Reports to: ICT Manager
Salary Grade: 7
Country /Location: Nairobi
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Kenya since 1965. Over the years, CRS’ focus shifted from direct relief and food distributions to a comprehensive development program that works with partners and enhances local capacity. CRS Kenya programs now support children affected by HIV, and community-based efforts to increase household incomes, improve family health and sanitation, and enhance agriculture livelihoods
The ICT Officer will coordinate and deliver various ICT and ICT4D (ICT) related services in accordance with established agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. S/he will provide responsive, professional service and technical support to CRS staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies.
· Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT systems and databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications. Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
· Configure and maintain applications and user devices.
· Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to agency business data and information.
· Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff. Provide input to budget for ICT related expenses.
· Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate delivery of ICT-related services that meet CRS business requirements and needs.
· Support capacity building initiatives, remotely or on-site, to staff and partners to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
· Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
TYPICAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) required. Significant work experience in a directly related field combined with appropriate training/certificates may substitute for degree.
· Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
· Minimum of three years’ work experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
· Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
· Demonstrated capacity in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
· Grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application and database technologies.
· Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
· Good relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
· Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer non-standard solutions.
· Able to maintain confidential information.
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
· Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and best practice.
· Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with professional staff.
Travel Required: 50% travel to other field offices
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All CP staff, RIM, members of CRS ICT community, and owners of CRS business systems, specifically HoP, Program Managers, and MEAL officers.
External: CRS partners, NetHope, Peers from other NGOs in the country; and ICT services providers.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
How to ApplyWritten applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Saturday, December 07, 2019. Human Resources Manager Catholic Relief Services – Kenya/Somalia Program E-mail: Crskenyafirstname.lastname@example.org Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
156 total views, 1 today