Full-Time Human Resources Assistant Jobs
Vacancy Number: VN/IOMSO/045/2019
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5**
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 19 August, 2019
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) and the direct supervision of Human Resources Officer (HRO), the incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake recruitment procedures for National staff: prepare and post VNs, SVNs and CFAs in coordination with the Heads of Units (HOU) and/or Human Resources Officer.
- Maintain the mission’s PRISM HR module and keep its information up to date. In coordination with PAC – Field Personnel Support Unit (FPSU) and the Regional Office, coordinate and implement new salary scales. Monitor and ensure effective administration of the PRISM HR Organizational Management module.
- Initiate contract renewal requests to HOUs, ensure timely preparation and renewal of all types of contracts and personnel action forms using PRISM for National staff.
- Regularly update Personnel Information via PRISM and process HR related actions related to Organizational Management (OM), Staff Evaluation System (SES), Personal Administration (PA) and Time Management (TM) for National staff.
- Monitor compliance with the Staff Evaluation System (SES) within the Mission and advocate for timely completion of the performance management process in line with organizational deadlines. Provide support to all staff on business-related issues. As required, facilitate performance management discussions between staff and supervisors.
- Induct new National staff and coordinate the pre-employment requirements from them – inform them of selection, organizing medical check-ups, inform candidates and HOUs on medical clearance. Send all Entry on Duty paper work for candidates to fill in, open new files, briefing of the new staff on IOM and its activities.
- Follow up with Panama Administrative Centre (PAC) on Medical clearance and Medical Service Plan (MSP) admission for National staff and their dependents.
- Review attendance records for National staff and ensure that the Finger Print timesheets and PRISM records are consistent. Analyze timesheets and prepare payments for temporary staff.
- Coordinate the Periodic Medical Examinations (PME) and Exit medical exams for National staff.
- Process payroll related additions/deductions for National staff and assist the HRO in Payroll processing.
- Liaise with the Finance Section on delivery of benefits/privileges to international staff in the field such as, DSA, lump sum payment etc.
- Assist with the scheduling and coordination of training programs with contractors and facilitators.
- Assist HRO to prepare organograms and reports related to staff data as and when required.
- Prepare the monthly staff statistics, activity and training reports as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration and Human Resources Management with three years of experience or
- High School Degree with five years of professional relevant work experience in the above fields.
- Professional and management experience in Human Resources covering: Recruitment, Salary and Benefits Administration, Training and Development, HR Information Systems, preferably in an international organization.
- High level of computer literacy. Good knowledge of MS Office specifically EXCEL. Knowledge of PRISM (SAP) a distinct advantage;
- Familiarity with UN common system or similar systems
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice Number (VN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
112 total views, 1 today