Full-Time HR & Admin Officer Jobs
HR & Admin Officer Jobs at BURN Designs
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cook stove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cook stoves.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 250,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoas ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,000,000+ beneficiaries save $42 million in fuel expenditures and 726,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~10,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
HR & Admin Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure all employees have a HR file and that it has a copy of their contract, JD and personal details (including PIN, NSSF, NHIF, ID, CV, school and degree certs)
- Monitor contract expiry dates, when required, and ensure employees do not go beyond probationary periods or contract end dates without approval.
- Deal with requests for advances, loans and any other employee grievances and escalate to appropriate person
- Provide orientation to all new hires
- Manage the process for exiting all employees that are finishing up or leaving BURN.
- Deal with any HR related issues brought up by employees and escalate to management where necessary
- Perform employee briefings on BURN HR policies when necessary
- Work on recruitment by sitting in on interviews where needed and carrying out reference checks
- Manage employee medical scheme ensuring we have data of all dependents, receipts are not fraudulent and all stay within the approved limits for reimbursement
- Do full onboarding for all BMC employees that are coming to Kenya and ensure all the required documentation is received.
- Leave Management for staff
- Deal with any issues for BMC employees who are in Kenya.
- Ensure all BMC employees in Kenya have valid insurance and visas at all times
- Perform the correct exit process for employees, ensuring all documentation is signed off before exit
- Keep on top of changes in Kenyan Labour Laws
- Ensure the HR files are all in order and up to date at all times
- Manage the receptionist and ensure she carries out all her duties to a high standard
- Manage the admin assistant and delegate tasks as necessary.
- Be overall responsible person for everything relating to BURN house and apartment and all employees there.
- Taking minutes in meetings where requested, and for the bi monthly production and HR meeting.
- Help to arrange any travel that BURN employees need to do, this could include flight booking, bus bookings, taxi pickups etc.
- Prepare all monthly airtime and transport allowances and have them signed off.
- Review monthly requests for office and kitchen supplies as prepared by the HR & Admin Assistant
- Ensure all factory visits are organised and executed without issues.
- Ensure safe keeping of all BURN important documentation
- Manage BURN security policy ensuring that it is fully implemented, being followed by all and alert management to any possible improvements or issues.
- Carry out any other tasks as requested by any member of the senior management team
Requirements for the HR & Admin Officer Job
- College diploma or degree in HR
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to make confusing HR or legal concepts easily understood
- Previous experience in a business environment
The salary will be between Ksh 60,000- ksh 70,000 monthly gross, depending on experience.
How to ApplyCVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
550 total views, 1 today