Full-Time Budget & Programming Associate Jobs
- The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
- The Budget and Programming Unit in the Regional Bureau for East and Central Africa (RBN) needs to strengthen its national capacity through the creation of a Budget and Programming position. The role will provide a range of specialised support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resource.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields.
- Working Experience: Three(3) to Five(5) years experience in financial analysis, supply chain, budgetary and resource management analysis or related field expriences.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written English. Intermediate knowledge of french would be an advantage.
- Technical Skills and Knowledge: Comprehensive analytical skills and advanced level of knowledge in application such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP and Tableau.
1. Review budget plans, monitor and analyse project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
2. Provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
3. Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximise operational effectiveness.
4. Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation.
5. Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
6. Review, compile and analyse data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
7. Maintain communication with a number of stakeholders regarding project funds management matters and related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimise use of funds.
8. Provide guidance to other support staff and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
78 total views, 1 today