Full-Time Assistant Librarian Jobs
Library assistant is responsible for sorting and shelving books according to their categorization, assisting customers/learners with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met. He/She also manages inquiries over the counter, via email or telephone among other duties.
- Helping learners/customers locate books or find material online.
- Checking books in and out at the front desk.
- Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization
- Register new customers and maintaining and updating customer profiles.
- Maintaining records of books taken out (borrowed) and books brought back.
- Cataloging new arrivals
- Assisting customers/learners with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met.
- Organizing the repair of damaged books
- Inspecting the condition of books before and after check out to ascertain any damage on behalf of the customer.
- Managing inquiries over the counter and via email or telephone
- Assisting with Library events and reading sessions
- Managing payments of fines
- Cataloging audio visual material and other mediums
- Settling any disruptions or disturbances in the Library
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree (Library and information Science/Records management and information technology) or any other related in that field
- Experience in customer service role
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with use of databases and the internet
- Outstanding organization skills and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and good problem solving ability
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to ApplyInterested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Thursday, 17th October 2019.
206 total views, 1 today