Full-Time Administrative Assistant Jobs
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Main Purpose of Job:
Working within the Counter Terrorism and Extremism Network (CTEN), the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure the efficient running of the section and effective management of CTEN team resources. This role is an opportunity to support a high profile foreign policy priority by helping tackle terrorism in line with international human rights standards.
The successful applicant will have an interest in security and justice issues and be able to use their administrative skills to deliver in a fast paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the team in order to ensure effective and efficient operations
- Support the Head of the CTEN through effective diary management and by facilitating travel and meeting requirements
- Oversee the CTEN’s operational budget by monitoring expenditure, collating forecasts, processing expense claims and reviewing all purchasing requests to ensure audit procedures are followed correctly
- Organise official incoming visits and events for the CTEN section, including drawing up programmes, arranging transport, hotel bookings, etc.
- Provide project support to Programme Officers in all administrative aspects of project management
- Act as the key contact point within the team for IT, technical, human resource and operational requests
- General office management including printing, photocopying, filing, supervision of cleaning, etc.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise effectively
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience of budget management including monitoring spend and processing invoices
- Ability to produce clear and accurate work with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
- Can support colleagues when under pressure and able to contribute to cross-team working
- A flexible and proactive approach
- Previous experience as a PA
- Previous experience in project management
Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
How to ApplyInterested and qualified? Go to British High Commission Nairobi career website on fco.tal.net to apply
359 total views, 1 today